5 Things to Consider When Selecting a Fitness Watch
If you are looking to get everything you can out of a workout, then it is time to start tracking your pace, logging miles, and watching your physical health closely. In essence, you will need to constantly push yourself without overexerting yourself. The goal here is to improve your health and not to damage it. Of the many ways there are to manage your workout, a fitness watch is among the very best. You want one that can track your distance, interval times, heart rate, and speed. You also want a watch that can sync with another online system so that you are able to keep track of how you are doing, and develop for yourself a training program that yields the results you have been looking for.
- Monitors heart rate. This is important if you are looking to maximize on the efficiency of your training sessions, to lose weight, or build endurance. With a quality watch such as Apple, you simply customize the target zones for your heart rate, which allows you to adjust your exertion level in order to optimize the entire workout. It is important that the customization be based on your personal details including age, height, weight and any other relevant factors. With such a watch, you will be able to cycle, walk, lift weights, and run within your target heart rate zones. Ensure that you match your watch with comfortable Aapple watch bands that do not chafe or irritate the skin which would distract from the single minded focus needed when training.
- GPS is not just for your car and phone, a good fitness watch will offer this as well. With GPS you will be able to track the location you are at, how far you have traveled, your average and top speed, the pace you are moving at as well as other data that can help you do better in future. Some watches even allow you to customize interval sessions that you can then view in real time. Depending on the brand you may also sync the watch with other accessories like foot pods that allow for the measurement of steps per minute. A good fitness watch will help you improve your performance on bike rides, walking, and running. If you opt for an Apple watch you can pair it with fitness Apple watch bands that are made to be durable enough to handle all your workouts.
- Number size. If you are running, swimming, cycling or lifting, you really don’t want to be straining to look at the numbers on your watch. That is why it is important to get a watch with a large display. This allows you to simply glance at the watch and be able to fully read the numbers.
- Button positioning and size. Since you may need to access the buttons while working out, they need to be easily accessible and not difficult to push on.
- Water resistance. A good fitness watch will have 10 ATM (100 meters) water resistance. Pair this with awesome moisture wicking Apple watch bands and you are good to go.